SG Peugeot Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to Peugeot

Go down 
+10
Eilibob
White_RCZ
wcoaster
haifi7439
heeroyuy84
Blue850r
keltai
jango1712
singa
mypug
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:03 am

Hi all,

Collected my Pug 308 two weeks ago. Been to Malaysia and back, so far so good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Thumbsups
1) Powerful engine and yet saves quite a buck on Road Tax
2) Premium perks that usually comes in higher price
3) Biggest boot space ever seen on a hatch!
4) Easy to use park assist
5) Comfy seats
6) Love the head and tail lights
7) Nice design concept

The Thumbsdown
1) No electronic seats.
2) Rear seats quite squeezy
3) No rear air conditioner vents
4) No Collision Risk Alert and the Emergency Brake System. (Was hopping it has) (False advertising on autofrance website)
5) GPS cannot search by postal code
6) Can't squeeze extra fuel into the tank

Just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
mypug

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:52 am

That's a very nice car. Congrats!!

Did you watch the movie Lucy, there's quite a nice sequence featuring Scarlett Johansson driving it.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks dude. Yup.. I only noticed it after I ordered the car.. I was researching up on more info on the car. LOL!!!

mypug wrote:
That's a very nice car.  Congrats!!

Did you watch the movie Lucy, there's quite a nice sequence featuring Scarlett Johansson driving it.
Back to top Go down
singa
singa

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 2:21 pm

nice ride. I was torn between 308 (likes the look but more cramp inside) & 3008 (looks kinda weird but bigger interior) & at the end had to choose 3008 since the way AF gave incentives can get more bang for the buck. Didn't regret the decision but could have gone either way. hope you got the brown leather package since it should go well with the body colour.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:34 pm

singa wrote:
nice ride. I was torn between 308 (likes the look but more cramp inside) & 3008 (looks kinda weird but bigger interior) & at the end had to choose 3008 since the way AF gave incentives can get more bang for the buck. Didn't regret the decision but could have gone either way. hope you got the brown leather package since it should go well with the body colour.

Haha.. I think they run out of brown as they din offer me that. It's between black or red with black. I was rooting for the one with the logo, anyway the red is nice too. haha.. Wink
Back to top Go down
jango1712

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:59 am

Is this gris mocha or rich oak?
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 am

jango1712 wrote:
Is this gris mocha or rich oak?

Rich Oak.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jango1712

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:07 am

Cool...I should be collecting my 308 SW next week. I chose gris moka. smile2
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:51 am

Sweet.... it's a nice color.. whose your agent?
Back to top Go down
jango1712

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 am

Willey.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:37 am

jango1712 wrote:
Willey.

Thup
Back to top Go down
keltai

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

hi, had collected my 308SW, but thinking to upgrade front n rear speakers only, not gona install amp cos seem too much electronic on this model, had any of u done? any recommendation? thks
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:40 am

Haha.. that's what I thought too, but din do it. maybe after the first year to wait out for any problems surfacing.. as for workshop, I always go to a friend, Vinauto at defu lane. He does audio for conti cars.

keltai wrote:
hi, had collected my 308SW, but thinking to upgrade front n rear  speakers only, not gona install amp cos seem too much electronic on this model, had any of u done? any recommendation? thks
Back to top Go down
keltai

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:28 pm

[quote="heeroyuy84"]Haha.. that's what I thought too, but din do it. maybe after the first year to wait out for any problems surfacing.. as for workshop, I always go to a friend, Vinauto at defu lane. He does audio for conti cars.

oh ok.... maybe i go have a look there............. cant tahan e stock sound. lol
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:45 pm

keltai wrote:
heeroyuy84 wrote:
Haha.. that's what I thought too, but din do it. maybe after the first year to wait out for any problems surfacing.. as for workshop, I always go to a friend, Vinauto at defu lane. He does audio for conti cars.

oh ok.... maybe i go have a look there............. cant tahan e stock sound. lol

Haha.. I understand the feeling.. I pumped the bass up in order to compensate for the lack in treble.. Feels like the treble is pushed but just limited by the hardware.. haha...
Back to top Go down
Blue850r
Blue850r

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:00 am

Just change speaker without additional amplifier, your sound will be worst. The whole sound spectrum is shifted to high end treble. Hollow sound. I have done that before.

But let me caution you. European cars is running on canbus wiring system unlike Japanese. So the moment you add amplifier, you need to add a processor which in total will cost something like $5000 (processor + amps X 2 + sub woofer + components speaker front and rear)

Aftermarket speakers with 50 RMS wattage are designed to use with amplifier to drive the bigger magnet. The factory head unit is only good for a 10 watt RMS speakers.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:54 am

Haha... thanks for the caution. My reasons for not changing yet.

No dough.. and wife will most likely kill me.. w

Blue850r wrote:
Just change speaker without additional amplifier, your sound will be worst. The whole sound spectrum is shifted to high end treble. Hollow sound. I have done that before.

But let me caution you. European cars is running on canbus wiring system unlike Japanese. So the moment you add amplifier, you need to add a processor which in total will cost something like $5000 (processor + amps X 2 + sub woofer + components speaker front and rear)

Aftermarket speakers with 50 RMS wattage are designed to use with amplifier to drive the bigger magnet. The factory head unit is only good for a 10 watt RMS speakers.
Back to top Go down
Blue850r
Blue850r

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:14 am

Well, after putting in the $5000 equipment, see your wife can hear the difference. If she didn't comment then just keep quiet.

If she compliment the sound system, just say $500 mild upgrade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keltai

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 2:18 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
jango1712

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 1:40 am

Blue850r wrote:

What's the function of the processor? Without processor what will happen?
Back to top Go down
Blue850r
Blue850r

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:49 am

Original sound system allows you to turn on radio/CD even when you off your engine. For 20 mins each time in case battery goes flat. This is controlled by accessories ECU to give power to HU.

If you add amplifier, you have to tap a signal (12v) into the remote terminal (blue wire) of amplifier to trigger it to turned on. But in European car, there is no such wire.....only in Japanese car have.

So you have to add a processor usually made by Audison, Alpine, etc...they cost about 1K. The process sense the audio signal from speaker wire input (because all speaker output will be routed to the processor) and they provide the remote wire to trigger the amplifier to turn on.

The processor will output signals for front speaker, rear speaker and also sub woofer. The processor also can tune the gain to rear and front speaker to balance the sound. Otherwise maybe front too loud or rear too loud.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 3:37 am

LOL.. the minus 0 trick.. haha.. Twisted Evil

Blue850r wrote:
Well, after putting in the $5000 equipment, see your wife can hear the difference. If she didn't comment then just keep quiet.

If she compliment the sound system, just say $500 mild upgrade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 3:39 am

Wow.. I learnt something new today... Luckily my friend just changed car and wanna sell after dekit.. haha...

Blue850r wrote:
Original sound system allows you to turn on radio/CD even when you off your engine. For 20 mins each time in case battery goes flat. This is controlled by accessories ECU to give power to HU.

If you add amplifier, you have to tap a signal (12v) into the remote terminal (blue wire) of amplifier to trigger it to turned on.  But in European car, there is no such wire.....only in Japanese car have.

So you have to add a processor usually made by Audison, Alpine, etc...they cost about 1K.  The process sense the audio signal from speaker wire input (because all speaker output will be routed to the processor) and they provide the remote wire to trigger the amplifier to turn on.

The processor will output signals for front speaker, rear speaker and also sub woofer.  The processor also can tune the gain to rear and front speaker to balance the sound. Otherwise maybe front too loud or rear too loud.
Back to top Go down
Blue850r
Blue850r

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 4:08 am

Conti car play hifi is not cheap. Not simple upgrade like just install an active powered sub woofer under the seat for $300.

Then hifi shop see conti car come, they bring out parang.
Back to top Go down
heeroyuy84
heeroyuy84

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 6:41 am

Did you do anything to us?

Blue850r wrote:
Conti car play hifi is not cheap.  Not simple upgrade like just install an active powered sub woofer under the seat for $300.

Then hifi shop see conti car come, they bring out parang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to Peugeot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Peugeot   New to Peugeot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Peugeot
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next